A Musical Theater Audition Class
A First Rate Class in the Performance of Song
Work, In-Person, on your Audition Material
(**Please Note:All Proceeds from these Classes go to support the Work of MCC New York, which runs, among other things, one of the Largest Food Pantries for the Homeless in all of New York, and one of the only LGBT Safe Shelters for Homeless Youth!)
Sounds Too Good to be True, Doesn’t it?
Let Life Surprise You once in awhile!
It’s a First Rate Class with a Casting Director and a Music Director, giving personal attention to your audition practice.
It’s Disarmingly Affordable.
And it’s True!
Here’s How it Works:
The Music Directors and I Donate our Time.
MCC New York gives us the Space.
And the proceeds go back to MCC New York, a Most Beautiful and Spiritually Rewarding Place.
They are doing a Lot of Good Work!
So, your Donation goes even further there as twice the fee might go in some Commercial Arena.
Your Attendance Creates Better Lives for the Homeless
And Gives You ACCESS to a First Rate Class that might be cost-prohibitive to you otherwise.
Come Check it Out!
- We do our Best to make sure that you sing at least four out of five classes
- Please bring your own sheet music, in your key and marked for the accompanist
- Be present for one another and enjoy the process of the work
- There is no pressure to perform; so much can be learned by listening
(Please Always check this weblink above for updates and schedule or temporary location changes!)
ACCESS FORUM Congratulates those who’ve attended and then, using what they learned, went out and Booked Jobs:
Pedro K in THE KING AND I (National Tour)
Pauline Y in THE KING AND I (National Tour)
Tom S in KINKY BOOTS (First National Tour) and DESPERATE MEASURES (Off-Broadway)
Rebbekah A in SEUSSICAL (Tour)
Jeff W in RAGS at GoodSpeed and Final CallBacks for COME FROM AWAY
Anthony C as a Top Six Finalist at DON’T TELL MAMA
Lainie S in ON THE TOWN (Chicago) [sp?]
Elizabeth B in MY FAIR LADY
Lydia S in THE SECRET GARDEN
Cat G in RING OF FIRE
Alison T in INTO THE WOODS
Eric H in BERENSTAIN BEARS LIVE
Sarah P in BILLY ELLIOT
Kelsey S in FAME & THE WIZARD OF OZ (National Tours)
Jonah K in SHE LOVES ME.
Lindsey B in MAMMA MIA
Brian R at the NATIONAL SHAKESPEARE THEATRE (Multiple Roles)
John H in YOU ARE NOW THE OWNER OF THIS SUITCASE
Aaron B on tour with CHARLOTTE’s WEB
…and dozens of Others!
Are you Working?
Wanna’ Work More?
We can show you How.
A Few Testimonials
- A place to practice; helpful constructive feedback; wisdom I can apply to both my life and my craft. — Danielle C
- Knowledgeable, experienced feedback given in a way that makes sense! — Stella P
- It’s been the opportunity to sing and sing and sing some more! And to work it out! Full Out! You’ve created this wonderful welcoming atmosphere! — Gabrielle L
- The performance feedback is the absolute TRUTH, with encouragement to dig deeper into our authentic selves and into the material to reveal an even greater TRUTH! — Jill M W
- Learning that I am enough and that when I let go of all the tricks I’ve learned over the years, I can let the real me shine and that is what will make my audition unique! — Jeff W
- The best part of Access Forum is learning that YOU are the most important part of your song, that messy can be interesting and that honesty and vulnerability are very powerful tools! — Anthony C
- Access Forum is a safe open honest environment! I love being able to learn what works and what doesn’t work, how to remove old habit, how being present, honest and vulnerable is way better than singing pretty notes. — Steven S
- Arnold and Steve have created such a wonderful environment to try new material, and get real, honest feedback — something that I have found to be so rare in the real world! — Kelsey S
- It’s such a positive and supportive environment, and not only is it affordable but you can also donate to a good cause when working on your craft. It’s a win/win. — Karri H
- This class has helped me figure out how to bring my whole self into the room and how to find joy in auditioning! I also LOVE watching other talented performers make huge discoveries as they work through their songs. — Lindsey B
- Arnold and Steve have an amazing way of bringing out the truth from within with warmth and wisdom. It’s been a fun, fulfilling, and eye-opening experience! The support is immense! — Janet D
- Having a forum to see others work and get honest feedback gives me a lot to process. But on top of that, Arnold keeps pushing me outside my box. I already feel as if I have grown so much from my time with the class, and I hope to continue down that path. — Pedro K
- Arnold engenders within people a fearlessness that spreads beyond performance into daily life. — Korey W
- After just one session with Arnold and Steve and the class, I got a callback for Pulitzer in NEWSIES with Fireside Theatre, Wisconsin, and the callback could not have gone better. Yay! Thanks, Arnold & Steve! — Doug B
- I love Access Forum because it creates a safe space to try out anything! It’s so wonderful to have honest and productive feedback from such experienced professionals such as Arnold and Steve! — Eileen C
- This class is SO MUCH FUN! Everyone who comes is incredibly kind and supportive. Not to mention all the talent that shows up! — Lydia S
- This is the greatest group ever!! I cannot recommend this fabulous class highly enough! Arnold is a magician in bringing out the best voice we have inside, and teaching us how to bring that voice into the audition room. — Denise L
- The best thing that I’ve gotten from Access Forum for Actors is a great sense of community; genuine, honest and helpful feedback, as well as tidbits of wisdom that will last a lifetime as I continue to strive to be Ready to be Ready to be Ready! — Ural G
- Of course, I love Access Forum! It’s different from a lot of classes in that you can take risks and not worry about ‘impressing’ anyone. You can fall flat on your face and everyone will support you. — Dana B
- A chance to work in front of a group of people, in a safe space, and receive honest, invaluable feedback. — Lainie S
- Access Forum is still my favorite thing that I’ve discovered since moving to New York. Being able to explore and take risks, sing songs I would never have dared to, just because I can — these have increased my confidence as a performer. Also, being surrounded by so many supportive artists is truly wonderful. — Amanda F
- Still thinking about what I learned yesterday: when I give myself permission to have fun and act my song, I don’t need to worry about my voice. — Rebbekah A. A.